Friedrich Nietzsche 1844-1900
German philologist, philosopher, cultural critic, poet and composer
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche ( or 15 October 1844 - 25 August 1900) was a German philologist, philosopher, cultural critic, poet and composer.
He wrote several critical texts on religion, morality, contemporary culture, philosophy and science, displaying a fondness for metaphor, irony and aphorism.
Nietzsche's key ideas include the Apollonian/Dionysian dichotomy, perspectivism, the Will to Power, the "death of God", the Ubermensch and eternal recurrence.
Central to his philosophy is the idea of "life-affirmation", which involves questioning of any doctrine that drains one's expansive energies, however socially prevalent those ideas might be.
Albert Einstein Famous Quotes
- Like 2026 Genteel women suppose that those things do not really exist about which it is impossible to talk in polite company.
- Like 1357 Behind all their personal vanity women themselves always have an impersonal contempt for woman.
- Like 898 Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.
- Like 582 Women are considered deep - why? Because one can never discover any bottom to them. Women are not even shallow.
- Like 394 There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy.
- Like 305 Does wisdom perhaps appear on the earth as a raven which is inspired by the smell of carrion?
- Like 253 There are various eyes. Even the Sphinx has eyes: and as a result there are various truths and as a result there is no truth.
- Like 217 Mystical explanations are thought to be deep the truth is that they are not even shallow.
- Like 237 In the consciousness of the truth he has perceived man now sees everywhere only the awfulness or the absurdity of existence and loathing seizes him.
- Like 264 Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth.